Genestack is a major partner for various pharma and consumer goods companies and focuses on taking away the pain of multi-omics data management. Our open platform and analysis tools provide an ecosystem that allows for easy access to all of the public or proprietary data that a researcher would need. Loaded, indexed, searchable and ready for knowledge extraction.
We are looking for an experienced Account Manager based in UK or Western Europe to work closely with our customers and the Genestack sales team. Due to the high customer-facing nature of the role, it requires someone with excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to travel up to 30% of the time to locations in Switzerland, Germany and France.
Job responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Identify the most compelling opportunities for Genestack platform solutions.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy to capitalize on both a SaaS and on premise model within Top 50 pharmaceutical organisations (may include Academic, Clinical, Biotech, CRO)
- Contact prospects to qualify interest and present Genestack value proposition
- Develop proposals to meet expressed and perceived customer needs
- Build and maintain professional relationships within both customer organizations and internally at Genestack
- Follow competitor products and activities to distinguish and leverage key differentiators
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities to enhance Genestack’s informatics profile, market share and product offerings
- Independently close sales of SaaS, in some cases working with Inside Sales and Genestack’s Commercial Account Managers to ensure we are focusing on solutions as opposed to point products
- Record all customers/prospect communications and maintain the Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) database
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop programs and initiatives
- Provide feedback to Product Management regarding general customer requirements for future product release(s):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Life Science discipline (biology / genomics / genetics preferred)
- At least 5 years commercial experience with a successful track record selling complex software solutions to the Life Sciences market
- Established relationships in top pharma/biotech accounts and academic medical centers.
- Capable of networking at all levels within customer organizations with a demonstrated ability to develop new market opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present information to various audiences
- Compelling drive to achieve targets
- Proven team player with an ability to thrive working independently as well as part of a collaborative team environment
- Capable problem solver that can develop creative and effective solutions to solve complex issues
- An understanding of Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS) is an advantage
- An understanding of Data management in Research of Pharma
- This position requires travel (approx. 30% on average).
Above anything else, we are looking for a strong cultural fit – a person with genuine passion for technology and genomics, who can work as a part of a multicultural team dispersed between two offices, willing to learn from others and share knowledge. In exchange we offer career growth opportunities, a fun and relaxed work environment, flexible working hours and a competitive salary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Genestack is expanding internationally, creating opportunities for individual career growth. Now is a great time to get involved. Learn more about our culture, values and the team at http://www.genestack.com/careers